Duration: half-day or full-day
The climbing self-rescue class focuses on skills no climber should be without. Learn how to get yourself, and your partner, out of tricky situations when professional help is unavailable.
Rates: 1 person half-day $195 or full-day $295, only $100 per additional participant.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ customer reviews
Because the more you know, the safer you and others will be. Run “dummy” scenarios with your certified guide and other students, so you can already know what to do when a real situation arises. The skill you learn on the self-rescue course will come in handy when you least expect it. You’ll be glad to be on top of your game!
Prerequisite: Prior top-rope climbing experience. All rental equipment included.
- how to escape belay, weighted and unweighted, plus load transfers
- ascending a rope and it's multiple uses
- how to rescue and ascend to aid an injured or fallen climber using an auto-locking device (ie. Gri-Gri) as well as lowering the both of you to the ground
- friction hitches for slings and cord
- backing up rappels with an auto-block knot
- lowering system with a re-directed auto-locking device
- lowering system with a munter hitch backed-up with an auto-block knot
- multiple uses of a munter and belay backups
- the tandem rappel system
- basic 3-to-1 “Z” hauling systems with an auto-locking device
- Lifetime Membership!
- Rock climbing equipment. Feel free to bring your own, as practicing self rescue with your own equipment will better prepare you for real situations.
- Climbing shoes
- Professional guide
Things to Bring
- Sturdy walking or hiking shoes
- Weather appropriate clothing
- Enough water for 4-5 hours
- Sun protection
- Day Pack
- Joshua Tree National Park entrance fee (only applicable to Joshua Tree location)
- Gratuities (optional)
Learn rock climbing assisted rescue skills that may come in handy when professional help is unavailable. Run scenarios and hands-on practices that will better prepare you when tricky situations arise.
To maximize your experience, we are open year round and offer services for all levels – from complete novice to avid climbers. Outdoor rock climbing is our expertise. We are proud to operate with the highest standards of the industry and run our tours in Southern California, Los Angeles and world-class outdoor climbing destination – Joshua Tree National Park.